2. Do you spin? Crochet? Spinning is my current passion (see my journal and the fiber communities I founded). I do not enjoy crocheting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I am allergic to dogs, and prefer that my fiber not be heavily scented (for example, no dryer sheets with fiber please) as it gives me a headache to work with.
4. How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting since I was this tall *holds hand out waist high* which is for *mumble* years. Suffice it to say more than awhile now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes – see my ‘Wishlist’ link on the left navigation of my recent entries page. I will make sure and add some more fibery things in the next few days.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Bath & Body Works White Tea & Ginger – bath products. Things that are not heavily scented and ‘girlie’ – more like sage and ginger type things.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes! Chocolate – the darker the better.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I will be taking weaving class starting in a few weeks.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Favorite color to wear – black or green. Favorite color to look at – green. I prefer muted tones & neutrals. Pink, purple, and orange are right out.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am single and currently have no pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) When I grow up I want to be a philanthropist. Barring that, having enough time to indulge in my fiber arts would be good.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Wow – there’s so many to choose from. Koigu would be a good choice, as I rec’d a sock knitting machine for my birthday.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Non-natural stuff.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks! I rec’d a sock knitting machine for my birthday. Things in laceweight.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls & sweaters, tho with my focus on spinning and now learning to weave, I haven’t knit very much for the past few years.
17. What are you knitting right now? Several things – sweaters, scarves, hats, mittens.
18. What do you think about ponchos? Ponchos are the work of the devil.
19. & 20 Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Crystal Palace bamboo circulars are the most perfect needles ever created. I don’t like either plastic or metal needles.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Not by hand so much, but now I have a spiffy sock knitting machine.
22. How did you learn to knit? I learned to knit in self defense. When your mom is a knitting designer and you grow up in a yarn store it’s a requirement.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Ummmm…I have no idea – which is not necessarily a good thing.
25. What is your favorite holiday? St. Patrick’s Day
26. Is there anything that you collect? You mean besides fiber? *whistles innocently* Books are always a good thing.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, tho I appreciate Spin Off, Interweave Knits, and Knitters.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? ‘Stahman's Shawls and Scarves’ Myrna Stahman, Mission Falls ‘Spirit’ pattern book, Mission Falls ‘Quinte Scrapbook’ pattern book, ‘A Handweaver’s Pattern Book’ Margerite Porter Davison
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Probably, but I’d have to go to my LYS to remind myself what they are. To be updated.
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I’ll measure this weekend and update then.