I have enough fiber. *gasp* *waits for lightening to strike*
Knitting & spinning will take place solely from my stash this year.
- Weaving yarn purchases still allowed. Must use the new loom this year. There is no way I can spin fast enough to keep up with my weaving, as weaving yarn is purchased by the pound. Must, however, use up the very small (okay, so ‘small’ is a relative concept…) weaving yarn stash first. Which will be easy, as there’s only enough for 5 or 6 scarves and a small throw in there.
- Sock yarn for use in sock knitting machine still allowed. I can crank way faster than I can spin. Must learn to use darned machines first.
- 4 oz. of cream and 4 oz. brown Mongolian cashmere
- 16 oz of 50/50 tussah/cashmere from Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks – 8 oz to be named later (Sagebrush and African Savannah are the current front runners) and 8 oz Iris (purples – scary!).
- Fiber & related gifts are exempt.
- Blending fiber purchases are acceptable if used in conjunction with stash fiber.
- Purchases under extraordinary circumstances (say, quiviut for $10/ounce or some such) are allowed with the permission of two professionals.
My current idle time knitting project qualifies. Black mohair with copper metallic eyelash scarf in progress:
I’m also planning a hat and mittens in the same combo.