Patrick Green drum carder - going to run some angora through, and maybe play with some blends. I love my hand cranked drum carder. I still hope a Supercarder mysteriously shows up on my front porch ;) I could get sooo much more work done with that - might even start selling blends and such. And new toys are fun :)
Wool Combs - need to comb some lovely variegated corriedale from the fleece I bought at Estes last year. Also need to do some more of the rose grey alpaca.
Schacht spinning wheel - gotta spin, spin, spin. Good thing I have plenty of bobbins. On the agenda:
- black beaded yarn for a sample to go with the skein I'm sending to the Black Sheep Gathering.
- a skein of the 2-ply alpaca laceweight. 78 wpi singles - it's going to take awhile & be a lot of work.
- a skein of fine corriedale singles (ewwwww, singles!).
- a skein of 2-ply angora laceweight.
- I should do a skein of blend as well. Don't know what yet. May pull some pre-prepped fiber out of he stash.
Patrick Green Triple Picker - I was given this picker that had been languishing in a barn for several years. It was in pretty bad shape - weathered, rusted, the wood was dried out. I discovered it's made of lovely walnut when I disassembled, sanded, and refinished it. Charlie helped me by polishing up the teeth, which are now shiny and oh so sharp. I will have to post a picture of it later.
Time to get to work!