1. Hidden, secret, occult.
2. Having or seeming to have a hidden or ambiguous meaning.
3. Mysterious and difficult to understand.
4. Marked by an often perplexing brevity, having a puzzling terseness.
5. Of an obscure nature.
6. Tending to conceal or camouflage.
8. Employing cipher or code.
Yes, I am thus.
Not often do I need to blather just to hear myself talk. Many would not understand my words or follow the logic anyway, so why waste the effort? Most neither understand nor appreciate 'big words', and explaining everything using small words and short sentences is... pointless. More work than it's worth. Society has become very much 'It's all about me', and frequently people really don't care what you have to say. Or they jump in and cut you off, which will (at least for me) simply cause me to stop trying. So what's the point in saying much of anything?
Okay, I'll give you improved marks for that one. Ripping the throat out - it's a strong visual. It's not cryptic. - Buffy